Funding Levels | 2020-2021
Total Funding for 2020-2021 | $590,000
Funding Snapshot | 2019-2020
SPEF funding to the District is divided into four main parts to maximize our impact on the schools:
Unrestricted Funds: Assists SPUSD in fulfilling its goal of offering state-of-the-art curriculum and instruction to all its students. These funds help to enhance many curricular offerings across the district from the visual and performing arts programs to the mathematics and science programs. This funding also supports improvements in SPUSD technology, media centers, and libraries. Funding areas shift from year to year based on the needs and long-term strategic planning of the District.
Funding does not go towards administration salaries/expenses or other areas such as basic classroom and custodial supplies.
Total in 2019-2020: $600,000
- Designated Funds: Fulfill specific requests from the principals at the five school campuses, from technology purchases to staffing needs.
- Total in 2019-2020: $0 (SPEF directed this to unrestricted to allow the District to use the funds for COVID-19 related expenses).
- Major Grants: These funds are targeted to large-scale, innovative educational projects that need a financial jump-start, as well as district needs that cannot easily be funded with public dollars.
- Total in 2019-2020: $30,000 (SPUSD shutdown at the time of funding so the budgeted amount was reserved for the following year).
- Teacher Direct Grants: Responding to proposals from teachers and staff, SPEF provides grants of up to $1,500 per classroom to help pursue innovative teaching methods, curriculum, and technology.
- Total in 2019-2020: $50,000