Each year, more than 2,000 students count on South Pasadena Educational Foundation’s Summer School program to brush up on basics, jump ahead on critical academic topics, expand their skills and ignite their imaginations. SPEF offers proficiency and enrichment classes to students of all ages – from incoming kindergartners to high school seniors. This is SPEF’s most significant initiative and it would not be possible without hundreds of hours of volunteer support.
Dates for summer 2016 are:
Elementary (incoming K-4) & Intermediate (incoming 5-8):
Monday, June 20 – Friday, July 15
Elementary – 8:10 am – 2:15 pm
Intermediate – 8:00 am – 2:05 pm
SPEF High School Summer School has been awarded with WASC Accreditation, showing that it is an exemplary learning environment for students, with high-quality curriculum.
Monday, June 20 – Friday, July 22 from 8:00 am – 1:20 pm
Catalogs For 2016 Summer School:
Refund Policy 2016 Summer School:
SPEF offers classes based on confirmed Registration. Changes to your student’s Registration affect SPEF scheduling and material purchase decisions. For this reason, we have a refund policy. Our refund policy is uniformly applied. Only a parent or guardian can request a refund.
- There is a non-refundable fee of $25 per class.
- No Refunds will be allowed after May 15th.
- All requests for refunds must be submitted on the Registration Change Form available from SPEF. Download the form from www.SPEF4kids.org or obtain it from the SPEF office
- Refunds will be processed within ten working days of receipt of the Registration Change Form and issued in the original form of payment.
- If a student is suspended, he/she will be sent home for the day. If that same student is suspended a second time, he/she will be dismissed from the remainder of the Summer School program without refund.
Registration Dates & Online Enrollment
Registration online at spef4kids.campbrainregistration.com.
- The new online enrollment process is easy and you can conveniently enroll your students from home.
- Eliminates the perceived need for parents to line up before sunrise or return to wait in long registration lines to enroll for Summer School.
If you haven’t already enrolled online for a SPEF Afterschool class – in order to prepare for the upcoming summer school enrollment in March, we encourage you to take the following steps now:
- Once logged in, click on the Manage People and Household Information button at the bottom of the page to edit Parent & Household details and Add children living in the household.
- Save your data or changes, and then you are ready to enroll in SPEF programs, including After school classes, Summer school and Camps.
Please feel free to call the SPEF office if you have any questions regarding our new online enrollment process at 626-441-5810 ext. 1163.