South Pasadena Educational Foundation
South Pasadena Educational Foundation, a nonprofit dedicated to educational excellence and enrichment programs in the renowned South Pasadena public school district, seeks to fill the position of Development Coordinator immediately. SPEF’s team is composed of four professionals who partner with volunteers, board members, donors, families, and local business and school leaders to fulfill its mission.
The Purpose of the Job:
Coordinate and administer an effective development program by maximizing the opportunities for giving, educating the community on the needs of the school, and providing excellent donor recognition and stewardship with the partnership and guidance of the Executive Director and Board Trustees. To work closely with the SPEF office and Board Trustees to ensure fundraising objectives are mission-driven, clear and attainable. To provide exceptional customer service at all times and to help aid SPEF’s programs to ensure success for increased funding.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead fundraising events, including signature gala, donor and alumni appreciation events, other in-person and virtual gatherings, and more (as planned).
- Duties include event logistics such as booking vendors (rentals, entertainment, and food), selling tickets and overseeing event check-in, coordinating advertising and promotion, handling donor and sponsor outreach, and facilitating silent and live auction.
- Ability to work events and attend meetings (daytime, evenings and weekends)
- Lead fundraising campaigns by phone and mail, including drafting and printing solicitations and acknowledgment as well as coordinating recognition benefits such as yard signs and distribution of gifts.
- Co-lead Planned giving program, developing and implementing management programs that receive, utilize, and document planned gifts.
- Apart from planned gift programs, they also have a hand in marketing efforts that attract more potential donors.
- Co-lead major gifts developing strategies for the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors.
- Work in partnership with executive committee members and board members on program and event planning, fundraising campaigns, other organizational priorities; adapt as needed to accommodate emerging needs.
- Co-lead engagement effort for local businesses (business alliance), including outreach, solicitation, acknowledgment, and manage recognition listings in newsletters, ads, social media and tie-ins at live events.
- Track donations from receipt to acknowledgment, run donor reports, and manage donor correspondence including mailings.
- Assist other staff to execute enrichment programs, including summer school, after school classes, summer camps and 5th Grade Musical.
- Facilitate assessment of programs and events with an eye toward continual improvement.
- Liaise with SPUSD staff and community organizations to advance SPEF mission
- Post news and images to social media sites
- Other duties as assigned
Prior fundraising experience along with excellent communication and organizational skills, knowledge of finances and budgetary planning and pays attention to detail. Experience with data entry and generating reports and donor software is preferred. Experience writing and editing donor correspondence. Able to take initiative, be self-directed and work independently as well as be a team player.
Ability to work in an office environment and collaborate with co-workers and volunteers. Applicant should have a high social-emotional intelligence while proving dependability, punctuality, confidentially and conscientious workers. Must enjoy meeting people, personable yet professional in demeanor, especially on the phone, via email as well as in personal meetings. A Bachelor’s degree is preferred and a COVID-19 vaccination is required.
Successful applicant must agree to:
- Background check and fingerprinting
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination
If you are interested email your resume and cover letter to Stacey Petersen at firstname.lastname@example.org.